Peer pressure is a nasty concept every teen has to deal with. It eats away at us every time we are around our friends. We wish to be accepted by our friends.
What are we to do when people pressure us or tell us we should do something. Well three things come to mind for me.
1.Consider is it glorifying to God.
2.Is.it what our parents would want?
3.Is it really who we are. Or are we changing for others.
Number 3. Describes what comes from giving into peer pressure. We change who we are and become different. Staying true to yourself will make life far less confusing because if you give into different pressures your bound to have split personalities. Split personalities are both good and bad. The good kind is when you are changing to be respectful to someone. The bad kind is when you are changing to impress someone. 2.Is a good point of reference for situations. 9/10 times if your parents say its wrong it probably is. Just ask the question if mom or dad was standing right here would I do or say to this? 1.Is the most important of them all. Is it glorifying to God. This one is by far the hardest to follow. We all know this from our life walks. I don't feel that I need to go into anymore detail. Except to those who don't believe. I say this is hard because we all know that we sin. We will always fall short of God. Because He is perfect and we are imperfect. But don't let this discourage you. We should still try to model our lives like God tells us to.
Now that you know what you should be thinking when your feeling pressured what exactly do you say. Well when it comes to things such as drugs. My dad always said tell them that if my dad or mom ever caught me doing this I would be in so much trouble you have no idea I'm not even going to risk it. My dad always told me to blame it on him and to walk away. The best advice I can give to you is that you need to talk to your parents about what you should say. I know that many of you are worried about what others think about you and I am too. But remember that real friends will stick by you to the end no matter how different from the average crowd you are. Real friends will stick by you to the end. Those friends that abandon you for being different from the rest of the crowd aren't your real friends. To end this post I just wanna say remember the 3things I told you about. Talk to your parents about what to do when your feeling peer pressured and lastly remember your real friends will stick with you to the end. It's a rough world out there that pressures you to do so many things that are wrong. Do not give into their lies stay true to yourself!
1.Consider is it glorifying to God.
2.Is.it what our parents would want?
3.Is it really who we are. Or are we changing for others.
Number 3. Describes what comes from giving into peer pressure. We change who we are and become different. Staying true to yourself will make life far less confusing because if you give into different pressures your bound to have split personalities. Split personalities are both good and bad. The good kind is when you are changing to be respectful to someone. The bad kind is when you are changing to impress someone. 2.Is a good point of reference for situations. 9/10 times if your parents say its wrong it probably is. Just ask the question if mom or dad was standing right here would I do or say to this? 1.Is the most important of them all. Is it glorifying to God. This one is by far the hardest to follow. We all know this from our life walks. I don't feel that I need to go into anymore detail. Except to those who don't believe. I say this is hard because we all know that we sin. We will always fall short of God. Because He is perfect and we are imperfect. But don't let this discourage you. We should still try to model our lives like God tells us to.
Now that you know what you should be thinking when your feeling pressured what exactly do you say. Well when it comes to things such as drugs. My dad always said tell them that if my dad or mom ever caught me doing this I would be in so much trouble you have no idea I'm not even going to risk it. My dad always told me to blame it on him and to walk away. The best advice I can give to you is that you need to talk to your parents about what you should say. I know that many of you are worried about what others think about you and I am too. But remember that real friends will stick by you to the end no matter how different from the average crowd you are. Real friends will stick by you to the end. Those friends that abandon you for being different from the rest of the crowd aren't your real friends. To end this post I just wanna say remember the 3things I told you about. Talk to your parents about what to do when your feeling peer pressured and lastly remember your real friends will stick with you to the end. It's a rough world out there that pressures you to do so many things that are wrong. Do not give into their lies stay true to yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment