Monday, March 12, 2012

Random Personal Thoughts (Teens + Society)

Have you ever thought about how badly the term teenager is looked on now a days? Or the fact that most of the times adults joke about how terrible a teenager can be (With some non-christian ones, and some Christian ones actually being serious.)? Well I have, and personally I don't like it HOWEVER I know it is true.

 The average teen now a days seems like their intelligent level is about zero. Common sense is amiss and they think they know better than their parents, and have far more skills then them. Which by the way, this isn't the case in general life. Maybe in certain aspects (like I know more about Blender and Film making then say my Mom) but still it isn't true you have a lot to learn.

Now I am guilty of this too, in fact I'm sure most if not all teens are. HOWEVER there is a difference between, making a wrong choice sometimes, and being a complete Idiot. Which all comes back to maturity too. You can be 21 and still be a kid, because your so immature. However you can be 18 and be an adult if you have a high level of Maturity.

 Society has such a low expectation on us teens, that we really are not expected to do much. Its a sad truth, but it has happened. It really isn't fair to the rest of us GOOD teens to be looked down on and given low expectation and are given praise for a job we should have just done in the first place. It's because of all the stupid teens, and the Bad ones, that we good ones have this low expectation. This reminds me of a book I read a few years back called "Do Hard Things" You should pick up a copy, it's definitely thought provoking at the very least. OH and get this it was written by Teens ;) (Well they were  teens  a few year back anyways gosh I'm old)


Now do not be under the false illusion that I think I'm perfect or that any teen is, we all mess up and we all test the waters. Its just I think many teens could seriously apply some better common sense.

But that's just me and my personal thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment