The Questions
Being a teen is one of the most the most difficult thing I have ever experienced. For me it's all about discovering who I am, testing my boundaries (You parents know what I'm talking about) learning new things and getting set up for what is currently my greatest fear, Adulthood. You as a teen do not know what is in your future, many questions tend to arise. Like the question you have heard since you were 6. What do you want to be when you grow up. The difference? Now they are SERIOUS! This is a real deal question! WHAT do YOU want TO BE when you GROW UP? Another question is will you go to College and if so where? Another scary question. A personal question for myself and hopefully many of my friends is, where is my faith at? This one is the most important of them all, and can also be the scariest.
The Peers.
Being a teen you also have these wonderfully awful things called "peers". They can be so wonderful and great for us to be around, if they have a good head, good morals,and are a good influence on us. However not all of our peers can be that. So one of the struggles, is how to tell a peer "Hey that isn't cool" while still keeping your level of coolness. Now I know for a lot of us this is difficult to do, however the easiest thing to do and probably the best is to tell them no. And to not give in to "Peer Pressure". If they hate you afterwards for it, they weren't your true friend. I know this is probably exactly what your parents tell ya, but take it from me. They know more than we do young grasshoppers.
The Self Confidence.
Being a teen can also be hard trying to have self confidence. Lack of Self confidence is that nasty voice in our head that says, "Ew see that zit", or "Ugh bad hair day!" Self confidence is that thing that tells us "Hey Handsome" or "Wow I look Beautiful." And I know that pretty much every teenager struggles with the first one. That "I'm ugly" one. This is the biggest struggle in Teen years. However we all have to remember this: Our friends who are true friends really don't care and more importantly (and I know you've probably heard this one too my friends) God loves you either or. No really He does. Think about it for a moment. What's that one zit, to the love of Jesus? What's that one bad hair day, to the cleanliness that is us after we are saved? What is all of this self confidence issues, compared to the never ending love of God? He thinks your BEAUTIFUL or HANDSOME no matter what. He doesn't see our faults, our blemishes he sees our heart and love for Him. He only sees the good in us!
The End
My friends, my stalkers, the parents. Or for right now, the no one who reads this. Remember that Teen years are tough but you can do all things through the Lord and together. Parents, think back to your teen years and remember your tough times, then think of your teens.
No comments:
Post a Comment