Christmas is today, rather was today. Anyways, I'm here to apologize for not updating my blog lately...or like ever :P. In the last few months. I've been pretty busy, playing football and now basketball, along with school and other activities. That and I've been rather lazy, which i suppose at the very least at least I will admit it. I do enjoy writing in here and hope to continue onward in the upcoming months, but please bear with me :)
So real quick I'll leave you with a little thought that I had at out kitchen table tonight.
We all sat down to eat Christmas dinner tonight, when dad decided to ask the kids, what the reason for Christmas was. They all answered the preschool, church-child default answer..."JESUS". He proceeded to ask what Jesus did for us. "He...um He died on the cross...for our sins" replied the 3yr old. I was highly impressed. He's only 3yrs old and he already knows more about Jesus, and why He's so important than most people ever will. He knows exactly why Jesus came, He came to save us from our sins, so that "whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16). This led to the next question dad had to offer. "Why do we want to go to heaven?" In which the 6yr old promptly answers "CUZ THERE'S GOLD DUH". After some laughing he was corrected. However why do we want to go to heaven? Whats the driving factor for you? Is it the fear of hell? The Bible says so? The fear of there being no afterlife so you believe in Heaven and want to go there just to make you feel better? Whatever your reason is I believe we should want to go to heaven so that we can be with our Father the Lord, God our great creator! We should be longing to be with Him. Now please do not make the mistake for one second that this is how I feel. However I do believe its how I should feel, but I'm just as guilty as anyone. But this is the real reason, the real reason we should want to go to Heaven. God should be enough for us to want to go, not fear of hell, not because the Bible says so, not because of gold. Because we want to be with Him.
That was just a quick little post I wanted to make. Hopefully I'll be making more sooner than before. Until then....PEACE
No comments:
Post a Comment